Palo Alto certification recognizes individuals with exceptional knowledge and abilities to troubleshoot, design, configure, install and maintain the majority of implementations (based on the Palo Alto Networks platform). The exact name of this certification is “The Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)” as well as PCNSEexam. The exam can be given by anyone who believes that he or she has deep knowledge and understanding of Palo Alto Networks technologies.
You can register for the exam earlier or if you wish you can register right on the day of the exam as well. To register for the exam, you need to, first of all, create an account on Pearson VUE. It is highly recommended that you should utilize your legal name for the registration as displayed on your identity cards. You need to enter your business email address as the primary address. The partner status of your company can be negatively affected if you do not use your business email address. You need to first of all log into your account. After logging in you select the exam and location. Finally, you get registered for the seat.
As a candidate, you need to accept the agreement of Palo Alto Networks. The agreement will be shown to you before the actual certification exam. The Palo Alto Networks allows the candidates to carefully review the agreement before the exam appointment. The agreement is not available on the test center; it will be provided to you along with the exam confirmation email. The agreement is strictly between each candidate and Palo Alto Networks. The employer of the candidate cannot become part of the agreement.
The agreement contains many important things such as indemnification obligations, nondisclosure obligations, termination rights, trademark license rights and other major responsibilities. Every time you take this exam, you will be asked to accept the terms and conditions of the agreement. Before you accept the agreement, it is recommended that you should thoroughly read it.
There may arise a situation where you may fail to pass this exam at the first attempt. In such a case you can appear for the next exam after 5 business days have passed. If you fail the exam at the second attempt, then in such situation you need to wait for 15 days. The case will be same if you fail to pass the exam on the third try as well. Lastly, if your third attempt will be unsuccessful, then you can reappear for the exam only after contacting “email@example.com”
If you want to cancel the exam, you need to contact Pearson VUE 48 at least 48 hours prior to the appointment of the exam. Rescheduling the exam before 48 hours means same day exam fee has been forfeited. The Exam that has been scheduled with ADA accommodations, and can only be canceled or rescheduled, 72 hours in advance.
How to prepare for the exam
Palo Alto Networks Certification is not an easy exam to clear. You need to prepare hard for it using Exam Snap. In the points below, we have mentioned some tips which will help you in clearing this exam with ease.
- You need to practice a lot, try to create an Exam environment of your own.
- You need to have a clear understating about the deployment methods of Palo Alto Firewalls.
- You need to understand the security policies of the Palo Alto Firewalls.
- You need to learn as much as you can about the Nat Configuration.
- You need to have a clear understanding of the Network configuration.
- You need to have an understanding of the User ID integration.
- You need to configure the user ID integration utilizing the user ID agent.
- You need to have a firm grip on the difference between UTurn Nat, NAT Source and destination.
- You have to understand the traffic processing and security zones in the PaloAlto Firewalls.
- You should have an understanding of the packet flow via PaloAlto Firewalls.
- You need to have some understanding pertaining to the prevention abilities of PaloAlto Firewalls.
- You have to learn about the IPS configuration, AntiSpyware and AntiVirus.
- You have to learn the configuration of
- You have to learn the configuration of Data Leakage Protection.
- You need to learn the art of SSL Decryption.
- You need to learn about the SSL Decryption.
- You have to understand the difference between outbound and inbound proxy.
- You need to get a firm grip on the virtual routers concept.
- You have to learn the Global Protect and its deployment method.
For maintaining the highest level of authentication and security, the Palo Alto Networks requires the photo of the candidate. At the test center, the Palo Alto Networks representatives will take your photograph. If in case, you do not want your photograph taken then you need to contact “firstname.lastname@example.org”. However, you need to contact the test center 15 days prior to the exam.
Yes, you may have taken your basic educational degree but to excel in your career you need to get the necessary certifications as well. The Palo Alto Networks Certification is one of those certifications which will provide a huge boost to your career. There are many tutorials available on the internet from where you can easily prepare for this exam.
However, you need to give your due time to the preparation and if you wish, you can hire a tutor as well. Try to hire someone who has already given this exam before as an experienced person will be better able to explain your dynamics of this test.
Well, what are you waiting for? If you are serious about this test, then you need to get yourself registered. In order to avoid any kind of hassle, you need to register 15 days before the test. You can find the study material easily from the internet.