The year is swiftly coming to an end, and aside from holiday celebrations, we tech heads have one thing to look forward to. CES 2023 is quickly approaching! Last year’s Consumer Electronics Show was still impacted by the epidemic, but we expect a lot more typical convention this year, crammed with amazing tech, interesting announcements, and plenty of hands-on time with the latest and greatest products.
CES 2023: Important information
- What is CES? The acronym CES stands for Consumer Electronics Show. It is the world’s largest yearly technology convention. In 2020, it welcomed nearly 170,000 guests, 4,400 exhibitors, and 6,500 members of the media.
- When is CES 2023? The CES 2023 will be held from Thursday, January 5, through Sunday, January 8, 2023.
- Where is CES 2023 held? CES 2023 will take place largely at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Separate events, keynotes, and product launches take place at various sites throughout Las Vegas.
- Is CES 2023 open to the public? The physical show floor and events at CES are not open to the public. This convention is only open to persons working in the consumer technology business. Last year, CES participants had to produce confirmation of COVID-19 vaccine as well. The official website merely notes that “CES urges all guests” to acquire the vaccine and booster shots, implying that the rules have been loosened. Only overseas travelers are required to provide documentation.
Samsung seldom actually unveils its big devices during CES, preferring to introduce them closer to MWC. Having said that, the behemoth is never absent from any major tech expo, and you can bet we’ll see them at CES. At CES last year, Samsung introduced the Galaxy S21 FE; is an S22 FE on the way in 2023? We’ll have to see what happens.
Samsung is known for having a large booth, so we may expect to see a lot of its TVs, appliances, monitors, and other smart equipment.
Sony is another business that generally has a large display at CES, although it rarely announces anything new at this show. We’re frequently shown impressive televisions, so we may see some of that. But there is one item that everyone is eager to see at CES 2023.
Sony’s PlayStation VR 2 is set to launch in early 2023. While no official information have been released, this might be a CES launch. More information should become available as the date approaches.
LG has abandoned the mobile phone business, but the corporation is constantly present and has a plethora of other consumer devices to display. We’ve heard rumors about new televisions on the way. And we have no doubts because that is one of the company’s stronger sections. Of course, LG’s stand should have plenty of other appliances, entertainment, and miscellaneous electronics. We haven’t heard anything concrete yet.
Asus is notorious for highlighting their gaming gadgets at CES, and next year will most likely be no exception. There will be a multitude of gaming computers, tablets, displays, peripherals, and other components available. There will also be some (but not as many) non-gaming computing items.
AMD could send out the major guns at CES 2023. While not confirmed, the new Ryzen 7000X3D CPUs are slated to be released in early 2023, and AMD has already announced a CES presentation. If AMD does not at least reveal some specifics regarding its future silicon, it will be a squandered opportunity.
In terms of mobile devices and services, we don’t expect much from Nvidia at CES 2023. The new RTX 4060 GPU is expected to be unveiled at the Las Vegas technology exhibition. Of course, we’ll keep you updated when new information becomes available.
What else should you keep an eye out for?
- Audio: There are plenty of headphones, speakers, and other audio equipment coming from brands like Sony, Samsung, LG, Klipsch, JBL, House of Marley, Audio Technica, etc. Catch more audio content at our partner site, SoundGuys, and read about the most significant upcoming announcements.
- NFTs: Crypto and blockchain are hot topics, and web3 is expected to be a main subject at the event. NFTs are likely to continue being of interest in the coming years.
- Automotive: Cars and mobility are always hot topics at CES conventions. Keep an eye open for announcements if you’re into new vehicle technologies, such as electric cars, self-driving tech, and more. Big players usually include BMW, GM, Qualcomm, and others.
- PC and laptops: There was a lot of PC news at CES 2022, and CES 2023 will more than likely continue the trend. Look out for key players like Acer, Dell, Alienware, Lenovo, Razer, MSI, Asus, Nvidia, LG, HP, and AMD.
- Smart Home: While it doesn’t usually catch much attention, the smart home market is essential and very present at CES. Notable brands such as LG and Samsung usually announce their intelligent appliances at CES. We’ve also heard from key players such as Arlo, GE, Google, Honeywell, Sengled, Eufy, Roborock, Razer, Ring, and more.
- Wearables: There’s no lack of wearables presented at CES shows, and 2023 likely won’t be the exception.
- TV: Of course, TVs are always a hot topic at any tech show, including CES. Look out for Sony, Samsung, LG, TCL, Hisense, Panasonic, and more. Check out our post on the best TV and monitor announcements for more details.
What was announced the previous year?
While we wait for additional information on the devices we’ll see at CES 2023, take a look at the top products and announcements from CES 2022 across several verticals. Take a look at our Best of CES 2022 awards, which recognize the most innovative consumer items and technology unveiled.